Senior Engineering Manager
Our team is growing and we're looking for a Senior Engineering Manager. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for building and leading a development team, while working with industry-leading tech stacks. The person in this role will be critical in shaping the vision, culture, and strategy of the technical team.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Understand and improve the tools, techniques, and know-how we’ve built, particularly when it comes to extending digital banking platforms. We currently help customize on behalf of Q2, Banno, and Alkami clients, with others on the horizon. We’ve built tools that generalize some of the work but also need platform-level expertise. The underlying SDKs and APIs are new, so we don’t expect someone to have direct experience with any or all of them, but we do expect familiarity with the domain and ability to learn the specifics.
- Build, train, and lead a team to apply those tools and knowledge on behalf of our clients. This will mean participating in recruiting and training as well as working to improve the overall effectiveness of that team.
- Serve as “lead developer” on some of our projects, either doing the work directly or working with other developers to get it done. This both increases our capacity and builds experience.
- Act as technical lead in pre-contract project scoping as part of the sales process. This role requires someone who can understand what’s needed, what’s possible, and what it takes to deliver a solution.
- Lay out processes and procedures for our teams to turn to and keep updated for DevOps, infrastructure, and all things development.
- Lead our technical onboarding for developers (both hires and contractors), including training and learning plan creation and tracking.
- Review our developers from a technical competency perspective, recommending hires, step-increases, etc.
- Act as technical lead in project scoping, pre-contract as part of the sales process.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Understand the full software development life cycle, including design, testing, and deployment.
- Are passionate, technical, user-focused, and collaborative.
- Think strategically and are driven by the team's success.
- Have a knack for encouraging continuous improvement and innovation within a team.
- Optionally (and ideally) have worked within financial services or FinTech and understand how the systems work from a high level.
- Salary will depend on how much of this you’re able to take on, but generally expect $125k to $150k to start.
Benefits start on day 1, including:
- 100% health insurance premium, and 50% of premiums for spouse/family
- Dental and vision insurance
- FSAs for medical or dependent care
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with no waiting period and a match of 100% of contributions up to 4% of salary
- An annual allowance to support your learning & growth
- Gym expense reimbursement